- There is power in your story. I am here to listen.
- Optimal nutrition and a nourishing environment sets the stage for true healing.
- There are no one-size-fits-all solutions; individualized care is important.
- If I need to refer you for alternative or complementary care, I always look within my circle of trusted practitioners (and good people) first.
- Our work together is a collaboration – you play an expert role, too!
Why Nutrition for Emotional Dysregulation in Children?
My entry into this field came when my son was diagnosed with an array of environmental and food allergies after years of struggling with serious attention and behavioral problems. The culprits included common foods like peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, wheat, peas, potatoes, strawberries, green beans, peaches, green peppers, carrots, apples and pears.
As you can imagine, this diagnosis drastically changed our lives – surprisingly, for the better! The attention and behavioral issues DISAPPEARED, but the frustration, helplessness and steep learning curve that came with adapting to everyday life while ensuring my son’s optimal nutrition drove me to help other parents change their childrens’ futures.
These beliefs define the way I work:
The integrative approach to nutrition honors you as a whole person.
My interventions are evidence-based and feature:
- fierce protection of your child’s relationship to food
- a food-first approach to healing
- gentle, sustainable lifestyle change
- quality therapeutic supplements, if desired
- an anti-diet approach that celebrates diverse bodies, brains, and beliefs
As your child’s nutritionist, I’ll consider their unique personality, lifestyle, history, and your family budget to shape a plan that’s just right for you
When it comes to health and nutrition, there is no “one-size-fits-all” path to healing. Your body is unique, your needs are unique, and your care should support YOU.